CF: Nidzicki Fundusz Lokalny
Project name: Active – Creative
Grant round: I
Our project was focused on objective 4 – ensure inclusive and equitable quality education and promote lifelong learning opportunities for all.
We are convinced that only aware and educated people can introduce social changes, improve living conditions, not only their own but also in the whole community. Thanks to the project, young people from small localities from the Nidzica county, through quality education, social engagement and local initiatives, got a possibility to equal educational chances and at the same time, became a role model for the younger and elder inhabitants within positive motivation to learn. Because of that, apart from supporting the process of education itself by financing scholarships, the project was focused on creating basis of social engagement by pupils and students and equipping them with universal social skills. Thanks to participation in the project young people developed many interesting skills (i.e. team work, creative thinking, self-presentation), which they will successfully use at school, future careers and everyday social contacts.
Within the project we have implemented the following activities:
- We conducted a public collection „Złotówka do Szczęścia” (a penny for happiness) on 06.12.2018. 41 volunteers took part in the collection. They collected 1329.17 PLN. The funds were dedicated to educational classes for 20 children during the period between December 2017 and April 2018.
- We organized a charity event promoting social engagement of business. 100 people and 30 companies from the Warmia-Mazury Province took part in a meeting organized in Kamionka on 16.12.2017.
- We conducted series of interactive workshops for participants of the project, who improved their skills in, i.a. social communication, creative thinking, design and volunteer work. There were 5 meetings:
– 16.12.2017 – 18 people participated in the meeting; subject area of the meeting: motivation, self-presentation, creative thinking,
– 03.02.2018 – 12 people took part in the meeting; subject area of the meeting: crowdfunding – social financing,
– 06.03.2018 – 10 people took part in the meeting; subject area of the meeting: presentation, self-presentation, rules of voluntary service,
– 10.03.2018 – 24 people took part in the meeting; subject area of the meeting: creative thinking, cooperation and communication,
– 11.03.2018 – 24 people took part in the meeting; subject area of the meeting: team work, roles in a group.
- We organized awayday to Warsaw for participants on 10-11.03.2018. 27 people took part in the trip. They visited the Museum of Warsaw Rising, participated in two workshops and saw a play in a theater (Och-Theater, “Fallen Angels” play).
- We developed and implemented a social project in regard to acquire funds through crowdfunding. The project was entirely developed and organized by participants of the project – scholars of the Nidzica Community Foundation. Funds for the project “Blockland – an incredible space for creative fun” were being collected on the website polakpotrafi.pl for a month. The project was successful – we managed to collect 3121 PLN thanks to which Blockland in Kamionka will be fortified with new blocks for creative fun.
- We organized a kickoff meeting and a wrap-up meeting regarding the project during which we started the Youth Stock of Skills – basis of skills of participants which could be shared with peers (e.g. photography, mathematics, playing guitar).
Our project was focused on local social reaction to global challenges in regard to ensure inclusive and equitable quality education and promote lifelong learning opportunities for all. Implementing and promoting innovative solutions within the scope of supporting education of youth from small localities, the underprivileged and at the same time talented and engaged in social initiatives, in our opinion, is an effective method of reacting to local and global challenges. It is a long-term method which can be copied and modified according to the needs that arise in other regions.
Experiences gained during implementation of the project are going to be useful during its continuation. Developed methods, newly gained skills and cooperation with companies and organization will allow for even better conducting of scholarship programs in the future.