Who is eligible to take part in the competition?
Community Foundations established and operating in Europe (click, to check the list of countries) are eligible to receive funding through Global Challenges Local Solutions grant competition.
Which organization can be considered as a Community Foundation?
Community Foundation is understood as a non-profit and non-governmental organization designed to pool donations into a coordinated investment and grant making facility dedicated primarily to the social improvement of a given community. The six main characteristics of the CFs are as following:
- They act as grant-making foundations – i.e. give grants to support development projects
- Their mission is broadly defined, i.e. to improve the quality of life in a community,
- They serve geographically defined communities: a city, state, region, district or province,
- They are supported by a broad range of private and public donors, they also seek philanthropic contributions – primarily inside the community,
- They are governed by multi-sectoral local boards reflecting framework of the community,
- They build capital endowment, which is an important element of sustainability
When can I submit a project proposal?
The Call for Application is now open, you can submit your project proposal until 23 May 2021. Sign up for our newsletter, to be updated!
What documents should I provide to submit a project proposal?
All applicants must submit project proposals using an application form. Only proposals submitted using the application form will be taken into consideration.
Can I submit a project proposal in language other than English?
Do I have to send my project proposal also via mail?
Are there any other additional documents I should send together with my application form e.g. CVs, registration certificate, etc?
No. If additional documents will be needed, the Academy’s team will request those on a case by case basis.
How do I know my project proposal was received?
Just after the submission, you will receive a confirmation of receipt.
What are the minimum and the maximum amount I can request?
There is no minimum amount and the maximum is $15,000.
Is the co-funding mandatory?
Yes, it is required to possess additional financial input: 50% of the awarded grant. You need to have it while applying. We can ask you to provide the documents proving this during the monitoring, or while filing financial report.
What is the minimum and maximum duration of a grant?
The project shall determine activities that are going to be implemented in the period not longer than six months (from July 1, 2021 until December 31, 2021).
What kinds of activities are not eligible?
The Academy does not support:
- endowment fund,
- lobbying expenditures,
- engaging in and supporting any form of terrorism or violence,
- supporting any religious or political activities.
How should I enter numbers into the budget?
You should enter the numbers manually, they will be invisible when pasted from another file. Also please use commas instead of dots.
When can I expect any information about the results?
The Grant Committee needs about 1 month to analyze all the applications. The results will be announced in June.