1. Basic information
1.3 Duration of the project (the project must be carried out between 1 February and 31 August 2023)
2. Applicant description
3. Project description
The Special GCLS Grant Round Competition was established in order to support community foundations dealing with refugee crisis caused by war in Ukraine.
Projects submitted to the Competition should be aimed at activities preventing and/or managing the local refugee crisis.
- Submitted projects may include such activities as:
- supporting local communities accepting refugees;
- integration and adaptation activities for people arriving from Ukraine such as: legal, educational, psychological assistance;
- assistance to refugees from Ukraine and help in organizing their stay in the country, e.g. coordinating humanitarian aid;
- contact, coordination and information points;
- purchase of equipment for the duration of their stay in the country, such as: clothing, cleaning supplies, home furnishings;
- organization of collections (financial and in-kind);
- coordination of assistance and volunteer work for refugees;
- promotional and media activities;
- grant competitions to be organized locally
- institutional support for CFs that channel assistance to refugees from Ukraine (CFs operating costs, costs of developing CF’s cooperation with municipalities, business and social partners);
Preference will be given to projects involving systemic, long-term assistance aimed at refugees, i.e. activities such as learning the local language, integration into the local community, etc.
- Funding Restrictions:
- Funds may not be used to attempt to influence legislation, through propaganda or similar means.
- Funds will not be used directly or indirectly to participate in a political campaign for or in opposition to any candidate running for public office, or in support of any political party.
- The funds will not be used for any activity related to the manufacture or sale of arms and ammunition or abortion or the provision of armament or abortion services.
- No amount from the appropriation will become a liability and/or be expended as financial support to a commercial venture currently located in the United States of America for the purpose of relocating that venture outside of the United States of America, or a venture that could affect a reduction in employment in the United States of America resulting from the relocation of production outside of its territory.
- No amount of the appropriation will be appropriated or used for any project or activity that would contribute to a violation of internationally recognized workers’ rights, as defined in Section 502(a)(4) of the United States Trade Law Act of 1974, of workers in the host country, including its designated areas.
- Funds will not be used to support, in any form, activities carried out by natural persons and/or legal entities that could contribute to acts of violence or terrorism (vide: https://sanctionssearch.ofac.treas.gov/).
- Funds cannot be used to purchase items that may be associated with weapons and ammunition: night vision goggles, bulletproof vests, helmets, etc.
- Funds may not be used as direct financial support to any individual.
Please provide the detailed description of your project/initiative.
3.9. Please present the budget of the project: