I. Basic information
1.3 Duration of the project:
II. Applicant description
Name of project/program:
III. Project description
Global Challenges Local Solutions European Grant Competition was established in order to support grass-root initiatives, run by community foundations and local philanthropic organizations together with local communities, aimed at solving global challenges at the local level.
Specifically, global challenges described in 17 Sustainable Development Goals – SDGs (all the Goals are listed below).
With the good practices collected over the five grant rounds we have proved that solving global challenges at the local level can be performed very successfully. Actually, today we know, that global challenges will not be achieved without the involvement of local initiatives, actions and local stakeholders – community foundations, organizations, authorities, business, etc. So, the overarching goal now is to promote, communicate, educate and implement successful diversified actions in order to raise the awareness on the Agenda for the SDGs within local communities, and encourage to undertake regular actions driven by the SDGs spirit.
Therefore, in the 6th GCLS Grant Round, we are opening a CALL for ONLY such projects, which mainly focus on activities aimed at communicating and promoting the Sustainable Development Goals within the community and local stakeholders – organizations, authorities, business, etc. It can refer to:
- all 17 SDGs, as the Agenda or
- selected SDGs, related to the specificities and needs of a given community.
These projects may include tasks for Community Foundations such as:
- organization of educational seminars, thematic competitions, debates on concepts and strategies allowing to implement the SDGS’ global idea on the local ground;
- preparation and launch of a communication program for local stakeholders – local government, media, organizations, etc. – about SDGs, being an inseparable element of all undertaken actions;
- development of strategies including long-term actions driven by the spirit of SDGs and e.g. consultations with the environment.
The project proposal has to include concrete information about actual plans and actions to raise awareness on SDGs within the community, and confirm that the applicant – a Community Foundation – permanently integrates SDGs promotion into its activities.
It will be welcomed to see CFs issuing an official statement – e.g. a resolution, a manifesto – that the CF acts for the 17 SDGs and encourages local partners to collaborate with the spirit of SDGs (this is already the implementation of SDG #17).
Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs):
- Goal 1. End poverty in all its forms everywhere;
- Goal 2. End hunger, achieve food security and improved nutrition and promote sustainable agriculture;
- Goal 3. Ensure healthy lives and promote well-being for all at all ages;
- Goal 4. Ensure inclusive and equitable quality education and promote lifelong learning opportunities for all;
- Goal 5. Achieve gender equality and empower all women and girls;
- Goal 6. Ensure availability and sustainable management of water and sanitation for all;
- Goal 7. Ensure access to affordable, reliable, sustainable and modern energy for all;
- Goal 8. Promote sustained, inclusive and sustainable economic growth, full and productive employment and decent work for all;
- Goal 9. Build resilient infrastructure, promote inclusive and sustainable industrialization and foster innovation;
- Goal 10. Reduce inequality within and among countries;
- Goal 11. Make cities and human settlements inclusive, safe, resilient and sustainable;
- Goal 12. Ensure sustainable consumption and production patterns;
- Goal 13. Take urgent action to combat climate change and its impacts;
- Goal 14. Conserve and sustainably use the oceans, seas and marine resources for sustainable development;
- Goal 15. Protect, restore and promote sustainable use of terrestrial ecosystems, sustainably manage forests, combat desertification, and halt and reverse land degradation and halt biodiversity loss;
- Goal 16. Promote peaceful and inclusive societies for sustainable development, provide access to justice for all and build effective, accountable and inclusive institutions at all levels;
- Goal 17. Strengthen the means of implementation and revitalize the Global Partnership for Sustainable Development.
Description of each SDG can be found on: https://sdgs.un.org/goals
Now, please provide the detailed description of your idea.
3.11. Please present the budget of the project:
*Equipment may not account for more than 20% of the project’s total costs in USD