The purpose of the Global Challeneges Local Solutions Program is to support community foundations and local communities throughout Europe to address Sustainable Development Goals on the local level.
Within the Program we:
- organize European Grant Competition, to financially support local activities adressing Sustainable Development Goals and to collect good practices,
- organize European education campaign showing that SDG-related issues and projects are in every community, and teaching on how to tackle them,
- facilitate the European network of community foundations engaged in establishing various activities adressing Sustainable Development Goals locally.
In addition, we implement so called donor-adviced funds – projects implemented together with a local partner, mostly focusing on one main SDG-related topic, limited geographically to one or few countries.
There are several ways you can support Global Challenges Local Solutions Program:
1. Support financially the European Grant Competition
Everybody may join and make a contribution to the program. Through combining our ideas, opportunities and enthusiasm we can make our communities, as well as the whole Europe, a better place.
For the time being our assets allow us to award 10-15 grants per year for the period of three years. We would like to raise funds for another 30 grants and prepare a set of a dozen or so of the best practices that will allow other organizations engage into solving global challenges on the local level. In order to so, it is necessary to increase the number of grants. Thanks to your support this goal may be achieved.
We invite you to the group of European Philanthropy Investors, who do care about challenges facing contemporary Europe. The minimum involvement amounts 15,000 USD. Philanthropy Investors may decide about the name or a title of the grant they support.
2. Establish donor-advised fund
In addition to regular grant competition we assume the possibility to organize donor-advised projects within the GCLS Program. So far we have launched two such projects.
- Support for migrants that live in Poland, funded by BGŻ BNP Paribas. Read more
- Support for the Ukrainian community foundations, funded by Polish-American Freedom Foundation within the RITA – Region in Transition program, organized by Education for Democracy Foundation. Read more
If you have an idea for a project focusing on one main SDG-related topic, limited geographically to one or few countries , feel free to contact us – we would be more than happy to help to implement such project.
3. Become the program partner
If you would like to support the Global Challenges Local Solution program by spreading the word in your country, helping us to reach community foundations and other local philanthropic organizations, that may be interested in taking part in it, join the project as a Partner!
We are looking forward to hearing from you!
Kaja Petryka-Siemiończyk – Program Coordinator
Marzena Kacprowicz – Project Manager for international affairs